Data Protection Policy
The Hospital for Sick Children Nurses' League (GOSH nurses league) undertakes to collect and use your personal data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in our legitimate interest as a membership organisation. We use your contact details to administer your membership, communicate information to you and organise the AGM. We only share your names and addresses with trusted third parties, such as our printer and florist as appropriate.
What information do we hold about you and why?
- We obtain information about you when you join the League or otherwise provide personal information directly to us. We do not receive personal information about you from any other sources.
- We hold your name, maiden name or former names, postal address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, membership type and date of training or service at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- The data is used for the following purposes:
- administering membership records
- providing information of interest to League members including the annual Journal, AGM and League events
- sending flowers and funds when appropriate and agreed by Benevolent committee
Who do we share this information with?
- We share this information with the Executive and Benevolent Committees of GOSH nurses league to facilitate the sending of the Journal and the collection of journal fees, and if you have applied for financial or other assistance from the Educational Grants Trust or the Benevolent sub-committee, relevant information will be shared with the members of these sub-committees as appropriate.
- Your information may be shared with our service providers or agents for the purposes above, such as printers, florists and Link members.
- We will not pass your information on to other charities or any other organisation without your consent unless we are required to do so by law.
Where is your data stored?
- Your personal information is held on a secure database. If you wish to obtain a copy of the information we hold, or have your information amended or removed, please contact the Membership Secretary at the address below.
How long do we keep your information?
- We keep your information for as long as you are a member of GOSH nurses league. If membership lapses for any reason your data will be securely removed.
- If you request your information to be removed from GOSH nurses league database, it will be securely removed.
What are your rights?
- You may ask to see the information at any time by writing to the Membership Secretary.
- You may unsubscribe from GOSH nurses league at any time without giving a reason.
- By providing us with your personal information you consent to its collection and use in accordance with this policy.
What will happen if the league closes?
- Members' information will be destroyed when the league closes. The remaining league papers and artefacts will be deposited at GOSH Archives.
Further information can be obtained by writing to the Membership Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org
21 January 2019